Monday 7 October 2013


So close but yet so far – Unreliable narrator

 

So I was in New look and there was this amazing pair of shoes that were literally to die for. It was the last pair, they were my size. I tried them on and they looked great. It was meant to be! I really wanted them but I didn’t have enough money. I went over to my sister and told her how much I love these shoes and how much I cannot afford them. I kept dropping hints that I wanted her to split the cost with me. She did not get my hints. Eventually I got fed up of her stupidity and just asked her. No. That was her answer. No. Gutted. Please, please, please. I would not stop going on about it. I was determined to get those shoes no matter what I had to do for them.

I kept begging for about twenty minutes. “You can wear them too, we can share them. Please.” She gave in to my adorable, puppy dog eyes. I was so happy I practically skipped over to my new shoes. Gone. I look around to find them, my eyes stop at the till. This girl is in the queue with my shoes. She is right at the front but I still have enough time to get to her. I run over “next please” is shouted… no, my shoes. My arm is outstretched ready to get her attention. My fingertips just brush the back of her jacket. Gone. They are forever gone.

1 comment:

  1. There's a great energy to this - is the unreliablity exaggeration?

    ReplyDelete