Monday 20 January 2014


mini investigation


I decided to look at the way I change the way I text depending on who I am texting. I found that when texting my older sister I add extra letters in to the words and I use more slang words for example "Lmaooo init" I think this is because I am comfortable using this language around her and I know she will understand me, whereas when texting my mum I am more formal because I know she does not always understand what I mean but I do tend to miss out a few unnecessary words every now and then for example "what we having for tea?" I also found that I used the most informal approach when texting my friend for example "where you at?". I gave my sister the most kisses, I only gave my mum three kisses and I gave my friend none. I think this is because I am more available to a blunter approach towards my friend as she is less likely to mind if I do not send kisses and she is less likely to believe that I am in a bad mood if I for some reason do not send any kisses whether it be by accident or not. My conclusion from this is that I feel more comfortable when texting my friend and my sister and I feel less like I have to worry when texting them than when texting my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment